This page will be updated after the March 10-11, 2017 Minnesota State MATHCOUNTS Competition.
The results of the 2016 Minnesota State MATHCOUNTS Competition are posted below. Congratulations to all 122 mathletes for making the 2016 competition a great event!
Top four individuals in the 2016 State Competition:
1. Timothy Alexander, Rochester Area Homeschool
2. David Zhang, Sartell Middle School
3. Jason Wang, Eden Prairie Central Middle School
4. Alexander Zhu, Kellogg Middle School (Rochester)
These four won top honors from among 122 participants representing 26 schools at the 33rd annual competition held March 11 & 12 at the Crowne Plaza Conference Center in Pymouth. They form the team that will represent Minnesota in the national MATHCOUNTS competition in Wahshington, D. C., on May 7-10.
Placing fifth and sixth were:
5. Amogh Kulkarni, Wayzata West Middle School
6. Jake Berran, Dakota Hills Middle School
These two students will act as alternates should any of the top four be unable to attend the National Competition.
The winning team in the 2016 State Competition
St. Paul’s Capitol Hill Magnet School was the first place team. Members of that team, coached by Alex Ford, are: Sasha Hydrie, Cali Rivera, Simon Mulrooney and Riaz Kelly.
The top ten teams at the State meet included:
2. Wayzata West Middle School
3. Wayzata Central Middle School
4. Eden Prairie Central Middle School
5. Sartell Middle School
6. St. Paul Academy and Summit School
7. Valley View Middle School, Edina
8. Kellogg Middle School, Rochester
9. Friedell Middle School, Rochester
10. Rochester Area Homeschool
Winners of the fast-paced Countdown Round were:l
1. David Zhang, Sartell Middle School
2. Alexander Zhu, Kellogg Middle School, Rochester
3. Jake Berran, Dakota Hills Middle School